Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A little touch of Kindness

Well as I said last week, it looks like we have to do it all again.

On the way to Maldon I visited my aunt in Ballarat again.  Looking much better, heaps more colour and presence.

I arrived at the Badges after lunch to find Edward and Kevin working on Edward's new shed (Edward's Cafe).

Edward's new shed (Edward's Cafe) under construction
[Photo: Og Bear]
I inspect the progress and give my approval while Jan whips up tostadas, mmm, as good as if not better than last weeks and very filling.

Late afternoon and we head off to the 2013 Kindness Festival in Newstead, this week.

Arriving at the 2013 Kindness Festival at the Newstead
[Photo: Og Bear]
It is much smaller than last week, and is located at the old racecourse which now caters for local community events such as this.  The buildings have a very country feel, but when you look below the surface the facilities are right up to scratch.

Campers at the 2013 Kindness Festival at the Newstead
[Photo: Og Bear]
Old friends and new are there, Tex, Will, Stewart & Beth, Clare.

The numbers are down, but last years had been held in January, and not straight after a big event like last week's Live Festival.  Siobhan the organiser said that despite this they had already covered there expenses and were on the way to making a sizable donation to the landmine clearance cause.

Archer and the Long Gone Daddies playing at the 2013 Kindness Festival
[Photo: Og Bear]
Mick Coates and the Lonesome Cowboys playing at the 2013 Kindness Festival
[Photo: Og Bear]
What was good about this event was that it was all local bands putting there bit in to raise funds.  There were no artys or prententious types at all.

The night was finished with the ever popular Mick Coates.

Sunday was a good sleep in.  Once up, Edward and I retrieved an old home built cupboard, an functional artifact for the new shed.

Og and Edward waiting for the milkshakes treat at John's cafe
[Photo: Og Bear]
We treated ourselves to one of John's milkshakes, then grabbed a bit of lunch, no apricot turnovers though, only apple; no else has made that request, I am the first says Cindy at the bakery.

We decided not to go to see the Dear Family at the Brickyard Garden and just enjoyed a quiet afternoon with a nap.

We had a scrounge and I made an excellent tea, assisted by Edward and Jan.

Monday morning was another sleep in.

I had a really good journey home, and seemed to see a vista different to what I normally do.  I think I was taking time to take in the view.  Even running into Karla at Sailors Falls when I stopped there for a break.

Also, I discover a great little Salvo op shop in Bacchus Marsh.

Despite the fact I enjoy going back to Maldon, I was glad to be home.

[Lord Og Bear OOC Ozlander]

For more photos check out:
https://picasaweb.google.com/102935184649222300700/KindnessFestival201302

No comments:

Post a Comment